Tuesday, September 29, 2009

National Banned Books Week - Speak!



Catcher in the Rye . . 
. . . . . Harry Potter ...
. . . . . . . .Captain Underpants . . .

Every year, there are hundreds of attempts to remove books from schools and libraries.  My fellow bloggers have been quite busy celebrating this week, speaking out about a subject near and dear to all of us.  I'm not going to try to repeat all that has been said, but I can provide you some links to some very thoughtful and thought-provoking posts:



Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here 
Aarti at  BOOKLUST
Stefanie at So Many Books 

Be sure to speak out in support of free thinking, reading, and writing.





Thanks to the Intellectual Freedom Committee of ALA for the promotional materials.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking to me, Tutu :-) I very much appreciate the gesture. And love all three books you mention above!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow....thanks for linking to my post. When I saw the graphic, I was hoping for a reason why The Lorax was on the challenged list!!! I ordered it for my son but we have yet to read it. I'm going to have to do some more research on this one and then write about it.

    And I very much appreciated your comment on my post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenners...my understanding is that the foresting industrial complex wanted "The Lorax" banned because it was perceived as fostering a perception of foresters as criminals....SIGH.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Tina! How I wish for that day when we don't have to ban books anymore. Banning books is like forced lobotomy.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.