Monday, September 7, 2009

Home Sweet Home!

After enduring several days in Europe with temps approaching 40 degrees Celcius, it was quite refreshing to land in New England last night and drive home in temps of 41 degrees Farenheit. We are slowing recovering from jet-lag and catching up on all the mail, laundry, and downloading photos--all 600 of them. The hanging monkey shown here is an example of not only the talent of our room steward on the ship, but also of about how I felt after the long flight home from Rome via Paris and then an almost 4 hour drive. I'll be blogging about the trip for a few days since several of you asked to hear about it.-- if you're not interested in Tutu's travels and are just looking for books, I'll be back by the end of the week to post the few I got done during the cruise. By the way, I apologize to the Blackberry gods....I learned to love that little gizmo--it takes great pictures, and picked up my emails quite well so I could stay in touch with folks back home without expensive overseas calls. Hats off to Verizon and Bberry....I'll never complain again.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome home, and I for one will be interested in hearing about the trip. I too MUCH prefer 40F to 40C!

    I think I have a picture of a towel monkey very similar to that one. I wonder if they are related..lol

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.