First of all, Tutu never used 5 words to say something that could be said with 10, so I'm really going to do something different and try to be brief here....I want to get back to reading.
- Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack? Coffee and Jelly-beans (but no red or green ones)
- Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of writing in books horrify you? I use that wonderful fluorescent yellow and green tape from Levengers' but I also pencil mark in ARCs.
- How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?Laying the book flat open? Bookmarks
- Fiction, Non-fiction, or both? Both
- Hard copy or audio books? Both
- Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you able to put a book down at any point? chapters unless the house is burning down
- If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away? I make a note and look it up later if the meaning doesn't become clear as I read on
- What are you currently reading? South of Broad by Pat Conroy
- What is the last book you bought? Sicilian Cooking by Carmelo Sammarco (I got this last month in Sicily at the end of my Sicilian cooking class)
- Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can you read more than one at a time? Always more than one- at least one hard cover, and one audio
- Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read? All day, all nite
- Do you prefer series books or stand alone books? either will do, altho I tend to tire of series that go on forever with nothing new to say
- Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over? Whatever I'm currently reading
- How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?) By genre,then alpha by author, but size is always the final determinant
I hope you enjoy your day --mine is rather cool and windy - perfect for curling up to read while the fresh tomato sauce simmers on the stove for dinner.