Sunday, March 29, 2009

Were there good ones? Not so good?

When I look at the list of the books I've read so far, several stand out because they were memorably wonderful, or they were just not my cup of tea. I'll be doing individual reviews of these to explain my reactions. Let's get the awfuls out of the way - there really are three categories: AWFUL AWFUL: Books I wouldn't give to my worst enemy to read:
  • Bestseller! by Jane Daniels
Abandoned: Too many books, too little time to waste on these:
  • I'm Ok with God, It's Christians I can't stand by Bruce Bickell
  • The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
Not my Cup of Tea: Books that didn't appeal to me, but might to you:
  • Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz
  • Wicked by Gregory Macguire
  • Portuguese Irregular Verbs - Alexander McCall Smith
  • Sarah: The Novel - Marek Halter
  • Year of Living Biblically - A. J. Jacobs
But these were easily forgotten when I was able to dive into these terrific reads: Nominees for Best Reads of the Year
  • The Dark Side by Jane Mayer
  • Any Bitter Thing by Monica Wood
Look for more comments to follow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.