Sunday, March 29, 2009

Review: Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis

C.S. Lewis certainly writes with clarity, although there is little splash and dash to his prose. His willingness to tackle all subjects, dogma and doctrine can at times be actually sleep inducing. I was not as impressed as I expected to be, but can't tell you why. I graduated from Catholic college with enough credits for a minor in theology, so none of this was new, and that may be why I found it so boring. I had never read any of his works before, so this was definitely an 'expand your horizons' volume, but it's probably not going to be on the 'read it again' list too soon.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.