Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Food and Books

My two favorite pastimes are anything to do with eating and anything to do with reading. I love to cook, eat, sample, nibble, grow edibles, explore food markets (not necessarily the super kind) and check out new recipes. 40% of magazine subscriptions to this household are culinary in nature. A couple of my virtual reading friends and I have been having a discussion on reading about food over on LT. I even had considered creating a Food category in the 999 challenge, but alas, my challenge categories are pretty full for the year, so instead I joined the Anything Culinary Book Group on LT to discuss some of these wonderful books. What tipped me over the edge was the comment from Kristen of BookNaround telling me I'd won the Giveaway of the $64 Tomato. This came after the following arrived this week in my mailbox (or should I say shopping basket?): The Christmas Cookie Club, The School of Essential Ingredients, Julie & Julia, and Alone in the Kitchen with Eggplant. And I just checked out Diane Mott Davidson's Fatally Flaky, for my daily audio ride. Mind you, these are not cookbooks...there may be recipes in most of them, but they are books about food, about people who grow food, prepare food, sell food, eat food. I'm getting hungry just thinking about them. The widget shows those on the list. Feel free to send me more suggestions. We could really enjoy this. Happy eating.

1 comment:

  1. You got me going with this, Tina. I will have to grab the new one by Diane Mott Davidson and check out the others that I haven't read or seen.

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.