Just In Time for Holiday Gift Giving
What a Difference a Dog Makes
2 copies available
ABOUT THIS BOOK
A must-read for every dog lover—a short, tender, and uplifting tale of a cancer survivor and the life lessons shared with him by his beloved family dog.
Our dogs come into our lives as “just the family pet,” but before we know it they become drinking buddies and fuzzy shrinks, playmates and Cheerios-munching vacuum cleaners, alarm clocks and sleeping partners. And, in their mysterious and muttish ways, our dogs become our teachers.
When Dana Jennings and his son were both seriously ill—Dana with prostate cancer and his son with liver failure—their twelve-year-old miniature poodle Bijou became even more than a pet and teacher. She became a healing presence in their lives. After all, when you’re recovering from radical surgery and your life is uncertain, there’s no better medicine than a twenty-three-pound pooch who lives by the motto that it’s always best to play, even when you’re old and creaky, even when you’re sick and frightened.
In telling Bijou’s tale in all of its funny, touching, and neurotic glory, Jennings is telling the story of every dog that has ever blessed our lives. The perfect gift for animal lovers, What a Difference a Dog Makes is a narrative ode to our canine guardian angels.
Here are the rules for the giveaway:
- For one entry, leave a comment telling me if you're a dog owner, with dog's name and breed. If no dogs are in your house, tell about a dog you know.
- For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me you're a follower (or become one and let me know).
- For another entry, make a separate entry telling me you blogged,( or Tweeted, or any other Social speak you do ) about the giveaway, (sidebars are fine) and LEAVE ME THE LINK to the posting (if I don't get a link, the entry doesn't count).US addresses only, no PO Boxes.
- You MUST leave me an email address to contact you. NO EMAIL, NO WIN.
- Deadline is Nov 19th -11:59 PM.