Liz at Doubleday must be reading my mind these days! I'm having such a great time reading memoirs and now comes a memoir on reading from one of my favorite authors - Pat Conroy. Here's what the publisher has to say about this:
Starting as a childhood passion that bloomed into a life-long companion, reading has been Conroy's portal to the world, both to the furthest corners of the globe and to the deepest chambers of the human soul. His interests range widely, from Milton to Tolkien, Philip Roth to Thucydides, encompassing poetry, history, philosophy, and any mesmerizing tale of his native South. He has for years kept notebooks in which he records words and expressions, over time creating a vast reservoir of playful turns of phrase, dazzling flashes of description, and snippets of delightful sound, all just for his love of language. But reading for Conroy is not simply a pleasure to be enjoyed in off-hours or a source of inspiration for his own writing. It would hardly be an exaggeration to claim that reading has saved his life, and if not his life then surely his sanity.
Can you blame me for haunting the mailbox for the next week waiting for my review copy? Anyway, you too could be lucky enough to win one of two copies Liz has made available. Here's how:
- For one entry, leave a comment telling me what your favorite Pat Conroy book is. If you've never read any of his books, go to the left sidebar on Pat Conroy's page and take a look to tell me which one sounds like the one you'd like to start with.
- For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me you're a follower (or become one and let me know).
- For another entry, make a separate entry telling me you blogged,( or Tweeted, or any other Social speak you do ) about the giveaway, (sidebars are fine) and LEAVE ME THE LINK to the posting (if I don't get a link, the entry doesn't count).US addresses only, no PO Boxes.
- You MUST leave me an email address to contact you. NO EMAIL, NO WIN.
- Deadline is Nov 26th -11:59 PM.