on sale July 13, 2010
Red Hook Road
Doesn't that cover look intriguing? It's time for summer weddings, and the garden party appears to be setup and ready. This giveaway comes from Judy at Doubleday who has given us two copies of Ayelet Waldman's follow-up to her earlier novel Love and Other Impossible Pursuits. Available in two weeks, the blurb tells me this is going to be a terrific summer read (after all it's set in Maine!).
As lyrical as a sonata, Ayelet Waldman’s follow-up novel to Love and Other Impossible Pursuits explores the aftermath of a family tragedy.
Set on the coast of Maine over the course of four summers, Red Hook Road tells the story of two families, the Tetherlys and the Copakens, and of the ways in which their lives are unraveled and stitched together by misfortune, by good intentions and failure, and by love and calamity.
A marriage collapses under the strain of a daughter’s death; two bereaved siblings find comfort in one another; and an adopted young girl breathes new life into her family with her prodigious talent for the violin. As she writes with obvious affection for these unforgettable characters, Ayelet Waldman skillfully interweaves life’s finer pleasures—music and literature—with the more mundane joys of living. Within these resonant pages, a vase filled with wildflowers or a cold beer on a hot summer day serve as constant reminders that it’s often the little things that make life so precious.
So here are the rules for the giveaway:
- For one entry leave a comment telling me why you'd like to read this book. Include your email address (no email no win).
- For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me you're a follower (or become one and let me know).
- For another entry, leave another comment saying you blogged about the giveaway, (sidebars are fine) and LEAVE ME THE LINK to the posting. (TOTAL 3 entries per person).
- US and Canadian addresses only, no post office boxes please
- Deadline is July 19th.Good luck and happy summer reading.