On Sale Now
2 copies to giveaway
Thanks to Judy at Doubleday, we've got two copies of The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, a literary fiction coming of age novel by Aimee Bender. I don't have my review copy yet, but it's one I'm anxiously waiting to delve into. I love lemon cake!
Here's the blurb:
On the eve of her ninth birthday, unassuming Rose Edelstein, a girl at the periphery of schoolyard games and her distracted parents’ attention, bites into her mother’s homemade lemon-chocolate cake and discovers she has a magical gift: she can taste her mother’s emotions in the cake. She discovers this gift to her horror, for her mother—her cheerful, good-with-crafts, can-do mother—tastes of despair and desperation. Suddenly, and for the rest of her life, food becomes a peril and a threat to Rose.
The curse her gift has bestowed is the secret knowledge all families keep hidden—her mother’s life outside the home, her father’s detachment, her brother’s clash with the world. Yet as Rose grows up she learns to harness her gift and becomes aware that there are secrets even her taste buds cannot discern.
So here are the rules for the giveaway:
- Leave a comment telling me why you want to win (it's ok to say you want a free book!). Include your email address (no email no win)
- For an extra entry, leave a separate comment telling me you're a follower (or become one and let me know).
- For another entry, blog about the giveaway, (sidebars are fine) and LEAVE ME THE LINK to the posting.
- Since I don't twitter, tweet, or FB, you can get extra entries by visiting my blog every day, and simply saying "daily entry and the date" - feel free to comment on the current post too! So if you come every day from now until the deadline, you could have up to 21 extra entries.
- Doubleday is paying for the mailing, so the usual US addresses only. NO PO Boxes.
- Deadline is July 13th.