Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Final Arrangements

Yesterday, I attended a funeral. Nothing unusual, although various family members had some reservations about "the arrangements". One of the neighbors and I agreed that we had best be sure that our survivors had in writing what it was that we wanted, didn't want, or absolutely insisted upon when we finally go off to the great library in the sky. Today, in one of my library listservs, I found an answer to a prayer I didn't even know I'd said: Here is my ultimate dream casket. If I lose some weight, maybe I can take some of the books with me too! Of course, I've always said that Heaven is a big overstuffed chair in the middle of a library containing everybook I'd ever want to read. Maybe I should travel light and trust it will all be there for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.