Monday, December 3, 2012

Mailbox Monday - Dec 3rd


Only one book in the mailboxes this week, but what fun it is.  I entered and won a contest at Lesa's Book Critiques, one of my all time favorite blogs.  I never fail to stop in there at least 2 or 3 times a week, and I always enter her contests, so it's really fun when I win!  This time I won an ARC of Rhys Bowen's The Twelve Clues of Christmas, a Royal Spyness mystery, just in time for the holidays.

 The Twelve Clues of Christmas
A Royal Spyness mystery
by Rhys Bowen

Here's Lesa's excellent review of the book...  And here's what the publisher has to say:
 On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me—well, actually, my true love, Darcy O’Mara, is spending a feliz navidad tramping around South America. Meanwhile, Mummy is holed up in a tiny village called Tiddleton-under-Lovey with that droll Noel Coward! And I’m snowed in at Castle Rannoch with my bumbling brother, Binky, and sourpuss sister-in-law, Fig.

So it’s a miracle when I contrive to land a position as hostess to a posh holiday party in Tiddleton. The village is like something out of A Christmas Carol! But no sooner have I arrived than a neighborhood nuisance, a fellow named Freddie falls out of a tree, dead…. Dickensian, indeed.

Freddie’s merely a stocking stuffer. On my second day in town, another so-called accident turns up another mincemeat pie—and yet another on my third. The village is buzzing that a recent prison break could have something to do with it… that, or a long-standing witch’s curse. I’m not so sure. But after Darcy shows up beneath the mistletoe, anything could be possible in this wicked wonderland.
I can't wait to settle into this one.  I think it will definitely get me into the holiday mood.

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house recently. Created by Marcia at The Printed Page, Mailbox Monday, now has its own blog. Hosting duties are rotated every month. Gillion at Rose City Reader is our host for December. Be sure to drop by to see what everyone else got this week.

1 comment:

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.