Friday, July 1, 2011

Bring on the Brain Candy !!!!



As I've been hinting, I'm going to spend July and August reading many of the cozies (mostly mysteries) I've collected over the past years. I tend to pick these up at book sales, or borrow them from my sister, so I'm going to treat myself for awhile and lay back from more SERIOUS reading to relax and enjoy. I'll be giving you some mini-reviews, but mostly I'll just be posting about a few of my in progress reads, and 'hafta' reads for book club, and the rest is going to be come what may.

I already have 42 stacked up and will probably have to use Random.org to help me choose where to start!

I do plan to finish reviews of the ones I'm currently reading/listening to (see widgets on the sidebar) and will always have one non-fiction "deeper" read going since one can o-d on too much candy. And I do have a houseful of company coming this weekend, and some serious work needing to be done in the garden now that summer (such as it is) has finally arrived on the coast of Maine.

However, today is the First of July, so bring on the Brain Candy!!!

5 comments:

  1. A perfect way to spend the summer. Have a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy...I've been reading also; just finished Tales I Only Tell My Friends by Rob Lowe and Bossy Pants by Tina Fey. Both were enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun way to spend some time! I recognize a couple of those titles in the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fabulous plan - you know how I love cozies BUT as you say, you can not just have a steady diet of them. Enjoy your "candy" reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never thought of that...maybe I need to use Random.org to pick my next book!!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.