Monday, November 19, 2012

Mailbox Monday - November 19

Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house recently. Created by Marcia at The Printed Page, Mailbox Monday, now has its own blog. Hosting duties are rotated every month. Kathy at Bermuda Onion's Weblog is our host for November. Be sure to drop by to see what everyone else got this week.

Last time I did a mailbox post, I promised you a catch-up on my Barnes and Noble virtual mailbox to see what goodies I've snagged for my personal library on my NOOK. My "buying" mouse clicker has been a busy little rodent!

Purchased from Barnes and Noble for my Nook:



Impulse by Frederick Ramsay
World War One: History in an Hour by Rupert Colley
Dog On It (the first of the Chet and Bernie series) by Spencer Quinn
Lincoln by David Herbert Donald
President Truman by Thomas Fleming
Plum Island by Nelson DeMille
Boone by Robert Morgan

An eclectic assortment, but who can resist those bargain books when Barnes and Noble or Amazon dangle them before my buying eyes? We have two NOOKs.  Hubby "owns" one, but we maintain one account at B&N because we have very similar reading tastes.  He's a retired history teacher and aspiring mystery writer. I'm addicted to mysteries and am trying to complete the challenge to read Presidential biographies (at least one of each) before I die, so these were all no-brainers for both of us.

Stay tuned for reviews. The Presidents I've been reading are concurrent with Boone, and I'm anxious to see how his escapades fill in some of that history-it's a long book, so it may take awhile.  I've already posted the WW I review, so I'm not doing too badly on that challenge, but I still have about 5 more I want to read in that era.  In fact, I'm probably going to spend another year reading WWI and the years leading up to WW II.

Be sure if you're here to let us know what's been landing in your mailbox.

7 comments:

  1. What a nice mix of books! enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope sometime you'll get my book "Welcome to Singles Night" and review it! It is available on Nook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw the Lincoln movie this weekend. I highly recommend it. I hope you enjoy all of your books!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME books...enjoy them all. Very interesting.

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    My Mailbox Monday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The bargain books are irresistible! Enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a fantastic, wonderful, marvelous book on Truman by David McCullough. He also wrote a great one about John Adams. As a result of reading both these books, I am now a big fan of both these Presidents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan...I've read McCullough's Adams book, and have the Truman one standing by. I think he's one of our best non-fiction writers around today, so I usually will start with his and then supplement with any others. He's actually a local author - lives 2 towns up the road, so we see him on the TV and at local book gatherings quite often.

      Delete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.