Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Dull Women

I'm sure you're all familiar with that old saying that

Dull women have immaculate houses/desks/rooms etc. 

As you can see, I am NOT a DULL woman.  Between working in the yard, doing a little spring cleanup around the Casa, beginning to plan for the library's annual Flea Market/Book Sale next month, and trying to stay caught up on reading, the old scene of the crime office has really gotten a little out of hand.  I decided that piles of books to be read will never get read it they can't be found, so I took what I thought would be a couple hours to clean the place up.

And as with most projects, one thing lead to another....after all, if you're going to cleanup those 258 paper clips that got dumped , then you might as well clean the floor, and if you're going to do that, since it's such a good warm, sunny day, you might as well cart the rolling chair mat outside and hose it down.  And while you're out there, you might as well pull up a few of those weeds, and on and on and on and on.  

Now.....when I was inside, I was listening to an audio book.  David Brook's SOCIAL ANIMAL is fascinating and one that I have to be able to pay close attention to.  Feeding papers into the shredder doesn't require any brain power so I could concentrate on the book.  Tonite, I really want to get back to THE RUSSIAN AFFAIR- it's a great spy and love story that will be very popular with readers of both genres.

So I've almost finished the office and tomorrow I'll let you see the "afters" of today's "befores."

But cheer up......I'll never be cleaned up enough to be dull!!!

4 comments:

  1. You make me feel good about my not often neat house...LOL This looks more like my husband's office, but then you seem to have good reason, he's just a hoarder...LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If that is the criteria, I must be the most exciting woman on the planet. I wouldn't even dare take a pic of our office. Stuff everywhere! You have inspired me though - off to do some dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know, Kaye, I might just race nose to nose with you. My office is always a disgrace, and even I don't know where things are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Obviously, dullness was never my forte, either!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.