Sunday, June 21, 2009

Dewey: The Small Town Library Cat - a sorta review

This is a wonderfully readable book about a cat, a library, a small-town, a single parent, a rebellious (thought not too) teenager, Iowa, and love. Librarian Vicki Myron, who finds a kitten half-frozen in the library book return one January morning in Iowa, manages to weave her personal story (including divorce, cancer, parenting issues, and job) into the story of the library, and the small town, without becoming totally maudlin. The stories would not have hung together, or been anything close to interesting, without the glue of Dewey Readmore Books...the cat on the cover. There are enough 'warm fuzzies' in this book to melt almost anyone.

4 comments:

  1. This was a heartwarming story; glad u enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Dewey so badly. I love kitties and small towns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book! I have it on my plan to read list :) I love kitties *hugs them*

    ReplyDelete

Welcome, thanks for stopping by. Now that you've heard our two cents, perhaps you have a few pennies to throw into the discussion. Due to a bunch more anonymous spam getting through, I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I try to respond to all comments posing a question, but may not always get to you right away.